A Female Football Season
- Read more...
It’s mid September. Leaves are changing colors. The weather is getting colder. Another school year has started. And O.J. is finally going to jail (that is kind of like the ultimate make-up call in sports history). But September also brings another football season. And for many men in America, that means couch potato season. And for a lot of women, that means boredom. But it doesn’t have to be that way. So take the advice of one of the greatest characters in movie history, “quid pro quo.” Something for something. A favor for a favor. Give and take. If you just started dating, good luck! No, just kidding, but it will take a little more effort than it will for those couples who have been together long enough to thank the heavens for the plasma screen male babysitter. So while the men are pounding beers and feasting on cheesy poofs, don’t volunteer to be the miserable maid, instead try one of these great ideas.
- Read more...
Moving On, To and From
Yesterday was the six-year anniversary of the tragic events that occurred on September 11th. It was a horrific time in our lives, filled with death and destruction, and remembered as the day that started the “War on Terror.” 9-11 was a horrendous day, one of the worst in American history, and served as a catalyst for some significant effects, both good and bad. Here are just some of those far-reaching consequences (and some less serious ones as well):
- Nearly 3,000 people were killed, including 92 people on board American Airlines Flight 11, and 43 people on United Airlines Flight 93
- It was the worst terrorist attack ever on American soil
- Over 1,036 books have been published about the attacks
- Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9-11 currently holds the record for the highest box office receipts by a general release documentary
- A variety of conspiracy theories have emerged which contradict the mainstream account of the September 11, 2001 attacks
- In 1997, the United States finally reached Mars on September 11th
- Harry Connick Jr., Ludacris, the NFL Baltimore Ravens’ Ed Reed, and Jesus of Nazareth were all born on Sept. 11
- If you have any of these names, you probably can’t fly on a plane because of 9-11
- The FBI put Usama Bin Laden atop the Most Wanted List
- George Bush was re-elected as the President of the United States
It was possibly the most consequential event in the history of America. And just like the JFK assassination, Apollo moon landing, Berlin Wall destruction, Challenger Space Shuttle explosion, etc., people will always remember exactly what they were doing at that time. 9/11 will forever remain on the American conscience. And for many people – 20% of Americans who lost friends or family members, the victims and heroes will always be in their hearts.
- Read more...
It’s September and it’s “moving” time. Moving schools, moving homes, moving through lifestyles. Moving from one season to the next. Moving nearer the weekend. Around the world everyone and everything is moving:
- The seasons are moving from the stifling summer towards an appeasing autumn.
- Hurricanes are moving in on American shores.
- Students are moving from one grueling grade to the next.
- Teenagers are moving from their strict parents’ homes to the independence of dorms.
- If you are a twenty-something, chances are you are moving from one 12-month leased apartment to another.
- Football finally moves from the pointless preseason to the regular season on Thursday.
- The University of Michigan, FloridaState and Notre Dame are moving out of the Top 25 Polls.
- Television networks are moving from summer programming back into the regularly-scheduled fall lineup.
- It’s mid-week, so we are moving ever closer to another work-free weekend.
- Monday was Labor Day, so you have to move all your white shorts and skirts back to attic for another bland winter.
- The United States economy is moving the wrong way.
- Michael Vick is preparing to move out of his massive mansion to a pocket-sized prison.
- Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are moving towards motherhood.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are going to need to move to a bigger home, stating their desire to adopt more children.
- Owen Wilson has moved from a cute, funny, and happy to a crazy, depressed, and suicidal.
- Britney Spears is moving on the Billboard Charts again (and moving back into the courtroom).
Everyone and everything is moving. This is just another example that serves as proof that lists are all around you. So take a look around you, and keep creating those great lists on ListAfterList.com
Previous Page | Next Page